Friday, October 14, 2011

Would I Like To Hear the Specials??!!

Uh, YES!  And yes to the following: drinks, appetizers, entrees, dessert and coffee.  Yes, it's Friday, and that means it's FoodDay where I come from.  If my math is correct, it's been exactly seven days since the last Friday, and it could not have come a second sooner.  It's been a long week full of contract negotiations, reading, writing, researching, signing up for Twitter (finally!  @ Jack_Stewart3), updating websites and blogs, working with and training sales professionals, etc. etc. etc.

Don't feel sorry for me though, because today is when it ALL becomes worthwhile!  Today is when I go on my forty-eight hour meal bender, and this mild mannered CEO transforms into a food fiend.

Some people look forward to a good movie, or Sunday night football, maybe a walk on the beach......I eat.  Now, you may be wondering about whether or not this approach is a healthy one.  And I wouldn't blame or fault you for wondering if the gentleman writing this piece has the physique that resembles a dump truck more than a Ferrari.  So, allow me to reintroduce myself and hopefully cure your curiosity.....


Ok, I'm the one in the middle.  The other two.....are not my parents.  They are an absolutely amazing husband/wife or wife/husband team that waited on me at my favorite restaurant of ALL TIME, Victoria & Albert's at the Grand Floridian in Orlando, FL. Those two are nothing short of incredible; amazing professionals who've turned waiting tables into an artform, while working side-by-side at a Five Diamond Restaurant (one of only 50 in the US) for nearly 30 years!

               Complete List of AAA Five Diamond Restaurants Here

Here's what I've come to learn about this two-day snacking spree - it's worth the discipline.  A common theme in my writing is that life isn't always going to be easy (newsflash!).  Our decisions, especially the most important ones, are not always going to be easy.  However, if we discipline ourselves to do the things that we know we're suppose to do, when we're suppose to do them - it's just worth it!

Now before anyone starts with the - "My metabolism retired when I turned 30" talk.....or (my personal favorite) "My bones are inherently large thanks to my third cousins grand-uncle who was a decedent of the Vikings" - let me say that metabolism is a reflection of your fitness, and your bones are basically the same size as Sarah Jessica Parkers'.

I'm not saying everyone should go and start working out 5 days a week and get in better shape so that they can go eat whatever the hell they want.  But I am suggesting that you go and start working out 5 days a week and get in better shape.  Why you do it, or what motivates you to become physically fit is totally up to you.

Don't wait for the timing to be just right.  Don't wait for something terrible to happen to your health that forces you to have to get in better shape.  Just start now.  Start jogging for 30 minutes every morning, or before dinner.  Get an elliptical machine or a mountain bike and put it to use.  Start now, today, and before you know it, working out will become habitual.  Studies say that after 21 days, just three weeks, working out will actually become something you look forward to doing each day.

Whether it's for your kids, your family, your career, your personal well-being or because you want to spend two days eating bacon, pork, lobster, red meat, white meat, and any other meat that's put in front of you.....do like the great, famous American philosopher.....Michael Jordan....and JUST DO IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment