Saturday, October 1, 2011

A Short Course In Human Relations

Ahhhh, Saturday.  A day meant for relaxation and recharging.....theoretically.  Normally by now I'm head first in the middle of some business/motivational/leadership book making over-embellished claims of changing my life and everything and everyone that crosses my path.

So as I sit here waiting on my girlfriend to finish getting ready for an engagement party we're attending (like I said....theoretically), I started thinking of what the best bit of advice was that I took from a book over this past week, that we could all put into play immediately.

The more I read and study people, the more I realize that success, more or less, all boils down to relationships and our ability to influence others.  This posting from John Maxwell's Relationships 101 resonated as much as anything I came across this week.

A short course in human relations:

The least important word: I
The most important word: WE
The two most important words: THANK YOU
The three most important words: ALL IS FORGIVEN
The four most important words: WHAT IS YOUR OPINION?
The five most important words: YOU DID A GOOD JOB
The six most important words: I WANT TO UNDERSTAND YOU BETTER

In no way is this meant to be "preachy".....I write this for me, because I can internalize it when I write it, read it and share it.  If you take anything at all from any of this, I'm glad I shared.

No comments:

Post a Comment